You know better than anyone how important your company’s online presence is to its success. But how well do you really understand how your customers are engaging with your site? How do you know what’s working and what isn’t?
Google Analytics lets you analyze user behavior on your website to improve the user experience and ensure the success of your business.
Setting up your account
To start collecting basic data from a website:
- Create or sign in to your account by visiting google.com/analytics.
- To create an account, click Start for free.
- To sign in to your account, Click Sign in to Analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account. A property represents your website, and is the collection point in Analytics for the data from your site or app.
- Set up a reporting view in your property. Views let you create filtered perspectives of your data; for example, all data except from your company’s internal IP addresses, or all data associated with a specific location.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your website so you can collect data in your Analytics property.
Configuring user access and grant permissions
Google Analytics provides you with the ability to collaborate and share data with as many users as you'd like. Each user's level of access can be set at the account, property or reporting view. Within the level of access users are permitted to, you have the flexibility to grant various permissions to make configuration changes and interact with data.